Are you feeling anxious, scared, or overwhelmed? Then reading verses from the Bible can be one helpful way to find relief. Look for one or two of the Bible verses about peace below that stand out to you. Then, tap on the verse to read the full chapter.
17 Bible Verses About Peace
- Isaiah 26:3 – “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”
- Philippians 4:7 – “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Psalm 29:11 – “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.”
- John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- Isaiah 9:6 – “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
- Romans 8:6 – “The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.”
- John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Isaiah 32:17 – “The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.”
- Matthew 11:28-30 – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Psalm 4:8 – “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
- Colossians 3:15 – “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for as members of one body you are called to peace. And always be thankful.”
- Isaiah 57:19 – “Peace, peace, to those far and near,” says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
- Psalm 147:14 – “He makes peace in your borders and fills you with the finest wheat.”
- Matthew 5:9 – “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”
- Isaiah 26:12 – “Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.”
- Isaiah 65:25 – “The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.”
- Psalm 119:165 – “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.”
Don’t Just Read Bible Verses About Peace
People rarely have their problems solved by just reading a few Bible verses about peace. That’s because our thoughts and feelings are complex. It’s also because the Bible isn’t a magic book that makes our bad feelings instantly go away.
Instead, the Bible is a book that reveals wisdom. It helps us immerse ourselves in an others-focused way of living that heals us, others, and our world. So when we need peace, the Bible can help us, but not as a magical fixer.
So let’s read these Bible verses about peace with thoughtfulness, patience, and openness. Meditate on the words and reflect on their context. Ask questions, explore, and don’t ignore your doubts. Instead, let them inform your journey as you move toward peace.
You Can Find Peace, No Matter What You’re Going Through.
Finding peace when life is hard can feel impossible. If you’re not sure what to do next, here are a few examples of how you can take a step toward peace and wholeness. Use these tools in addition to reading these Bible verses about peace.
- Don’t struggle alone. Talk to someone about how you’re feeling.
- Seek professional care. Find the help you need to find peace.
- Focus on gratitude. Consider the good things in your life.
- Seek God. He can be our source of strength.
We believe in you.
For more on finding hope, check out this post.